Electric Hummer – Electric Hummer EV, An Iconic 4×4, High Power, and More
The most ‘gross’ 4×4 is already electric Hummer EV confirms goodbye to gasoline.
General Motors just introduced the Hummer EV. It is the first electric SUV from this iconic builder in America. One more example is that the automotive industry will only develop zero-emission vehicles.
Hummer, an iconic 4×4
The Hummer is an icon in the automotive industry. It was around 1992 when Hummer. A brand owned by General Motors launched the most radical and purest 4×4 in the automotive industry.
It was a model derived from a military vehicle, the Humvee. They were times of excesses, in size, in 4×4 capacity, in engines.
Almost three decades later, General Motors presents the new Hummer, a 100% electric car.
It comes a decade later
- This new Hummer EV comes a decade after the conventional combustion Hummer. The first of the ’90s was the H1.
- And after him, the H2 and the H3 arrived. However, the crisis stages and the image of being a non-ecological vehicle ended Hummer.
- In 2009, General Motors tried to sell Hummer to a Chinese company, although the operation was not forged.
- In 2010, another company (MEV) acquired the brand’s license 2010.
A pure and electric 4×4
- A decade later, General Motors unveiled what will be the next Hummer.
- And how could it be? Otherwise, yes, it will be a 100% electric car.
- One more example is that the automotive industry has turned towards zero-emission vehicles.
- If the United States and General Motors, two automobile icons, bet on electric cars, there is no going back.
- We review the new 100% electric Hummer in this gallery.
How is this new Hummer EV?
Fine, the first thing to save in mind is that it is a purely electric 4×4. Of course, there is still enough to see it since General Motors announced its production will begin in early 2023.
Hence, its availability (it will be necessary to see if it is finally importing to Spain) is available between 2023 and 2024. Once again, it is clear what happens with many of the launches of electricity.
And this is not another matter that its presentation is made much earlier. So that the orders begin to work, thus the manufacturer can adjust its production to the existing demand.
Two types of bodywork: 4×4 and 4×4 pick-up
- It is another exciting novelty that this new Hummer has. And it is available in two types of bodies.
- A conventional, 4×4 kind and another that maintains the characteristics of an off-road vehicle. However, it has an open box at the rear, known as a pick-up.
- This possibility of having two variants is because it can have ceiling panels removed and put on.
- General Motors has revealed how much it will cost in the United States about the price.
- And this price starts at $ 79,995 (which at the current rate is about 68,000 euros).
- This price corresponds to the version of access to the range. The most expensive variant is priced at $ 110,595 (about 93,200 euros at the current exchange rate).
- It is maybe one of the most arresting aspects of this model. We talk about its high potency.
- Among other things, the version of access to the range begins with the 625 CV of its electric motor.
- And it reaches up to 830 CV. Therefore, once again, Hummer leaves us ‘open-mouthed’ with the enormous power of the Hummer.
Up to three engines
- This extremely high power is because this Hummer EV can equip three electric motors in the most potent version (the 830 hp variant).
- The performance of access to the range with no less than 625 CV has two electric motors.
- It is also another critical aspect of this model. And it is none other than its great acceleration.
- The most potent version can accelerate from 0 to 100 km / h in 3.5 seconds, a meager figure considering the vehicle type, size, weight, and batteries.
- Regarding the interior, we are left with a giant touch screen for information and entertainment. This center screen has a size of 13.4 inches. Added to this is a 12.3-inch digital instrument panel.
- The General Motors automotive group has presented the Hummer EV, it’s first electric SUV with three engines that develop up to 842 horsepower and offer a ‘zero emissions’ range of more than 480 kilometers.
- “The body of the Hummer protects the battery, while the battery supports the structure. That means the battery pack is a structural element,” say those responsible.
Power to each of the wheels
- According to General Motors, the system allows sending all the available power to the wheels individually, allowing this model to continue to overcome the most challenging obstacles.
- In terms of loads, this Hummer has 400-volt and 800-volt technology. The latter allows speedy loads in the direct current of up to 300 kW.
- Although we still do not know the battery details, General Motors has anticipated that it is 20-cell batteries stacking on top of each other.
- In addition, it also supports battery power charging and external devices. Specifically, the car can offer the power of up to 6 kW.
Also Read: Scania Long Distance Battery Electric Trucks – Development, Solution, and More