Liebherr’s Electric Concrete Mixer Truck
Liebherr’s Electric Concrete Mixer Truck: Liebherr and Designwerk created the first five-axle truck mixers with 10 and 12 m3 drums. The initial operations are scheduled for our clients KIBAG and Holcim in Switzerland.
This layout is ideal for Switzerland, where trucks up to 40 tonnes in gross vehicle weight are permitted to travel on five wheels.
What is Liebherr?
- Liebherr considers himself a trailblazer. Based on this mentality, the company’s close to 50,000 workers play a significant role in influencing technology advancement across several industries.
- And are already devoting their time to addressing the issues customers will face in the future.
- The Liebherr family continues to oversee the management of the Liebherr Group.
What is Concrete production?
- Since the mixing plants at concrete plants run on electricity, producing concrete, there is clean and environmentally beneficial.
- It is not the case when delivering concrete to the construction site: Up until now, strong diesel engines with high noise and exhaust gas emissions have been the standard for such applications.
What’s New in Liebherr’s concrete mixer truck?
Futurism’s new ETM 1005 and 1205 truck mixers on a chassis will alter that: They reliably and quietly deliver enormous amounts of concrete to the construction site without exhaust emissions.
- This all-electric option is exceptionally well suited for this application because the distances between the concrete plant and the construction site are more minor than freight traffic.
- Additionally, the cars frequently visit the concrete plant, where a charging station for the batteries is located.
- Large accumulator capacities allow for only overnight battery charging in most cases.
- The 680 HP-equivalent Futuricum chassis is incredibly powerful and can easily support the weight of the concrete.
- The truck’s range is further increasing through energy recovery during braking or downhill travel, lowering operating and maintenance expenses.
- The drum drive created by Liebherr and ZF is composing of a reliable and cost-effective electric motor and mixer gearbox unit.
- For the first time, the traction battery powers both the truck and the truck mixer body simultaneously, doing away with the need for pricey power electronics components.
- Additional benefits of the new Liebherr Generation 05 electrified body include the following.
- The efficient small electric motor for the mixing drum is flanged directly to the drum, ensuring little power consumption when the Futuricum truck’s traction battery needs to be discharging.
- Additionally, it does away with the necessity for any hydraulic machinery, meaning there are no hose connections, no pump, and no possibility of leaks.
- The truck mixer body from Liebherr has a low net weight and the best transport volume conceivable. It also has a long service life due to its special wear-resistant steel, ergonomic operation system, and access ports.
- The positioning and connection of accessories or additions can be making flexibly to meet client needs. Thanks to a platform system on both sides.
- Liebherr and Futuricum have carefully matched all subassemblies, chassis, and mixer bodies. The weight is distributing evenly across the axles is ideal for excellent driving qualities.
- Thanks to a temperature control system, the components are chilling or heated as needed. The ETM 1005 and 1205 on the Futuricum chassis represent a significant advancement in the transportation of ecologically friendly concrete.