Mercedes-Benz Present an Electric Truck
Mercedes-Benz will Present an Electric Truck with a Range of 500 km – Prototypes: Mercedes-Benz will unveil a 500-kilometer range electric truck.
The Mercedes-Benz Trucks trade show will be highlighted by the battery-electric eActros LongHaul long-haul truck at this year’s IAA Transportation in Sep. in Hannover.
The 40-tonne truck was first revealed by the manufacturer in 2020, and the “prototype concept” was first displayed precisely two years later.
The eActros LongHaul, which will be displayed at IAA, provides a sneak peek at the design aesthetic of the vehicle in series production. The tractor unit is a component of the test fleet for eActros LongHaul.
- The eActros LongHaul will be verified on public highways this year, and the prototypes have already undergone extensive testing. Near-production prototypes will be sent to customers within the ensuing year for field testing.
- The series will be prepared to begin in 2024. On single battery custody, the eActros LongHaul will range about 500 kilometers. Megawatt charging, often known as high-performance charging, will be possible with the electric truck.
- The electrification of long-distance heavy haulage is the next step on our path to CO2 neutrality, according to Karin Rdström, CEO of Mercedes-Benz Trucks. A battery-electric truck called the eActros LongHaul is intending to be affordable for our clients.
- In September, my team and I are eager to introduce this cutting-edge truck to our clients and the general public.
- Mercedes-Benz Trucks unveiled the eActros LongHaul concept prototype’s initial teaser photographs as part of its IAA pre-launch marketing. They disclosed further technological details anticipated for the finished product.
What battery is used?
The lithium iron phosphate (LFP) cell technology is using in the batteries for the eActros LongHaul. These are distinguishing primarily by a lengthy helpful life and increased energy.
At a charging station of around one megawatt, the batteries may be charging from 20 to 80 percent in less than 30 minutes.
The combination of the megawatt charge and the long-range on a single charge produces large ranges comparable to conventional trucks and permits two-shift operations.
The vehicle also features a finely balanced powertrain for a pleasurable driving experience.
The eActros LongHaul also has several safety enhancements from the manufacturer.
- The core idea behind Mercedes-Benz Trucks’ long-distance battery-electric transportation concept is to provide customers with an all-encompassing solution that includes vehicle technology. Advice, charging infrastructure, and services.
- Customers should choose the eActros LongHaul because it is profitable, sustainable, and reliable.
- Most carrier operating procedures for long-haul transportation do not call for a range more excellent than the roughly 500 km that the eActros LongHaul can travel on a single charge.
- Additionally, legal limitations on truck drivers’ operating hours prevent the need for more considerable distances if applicable.
- For instance, truck drivers in the EU are requiring to take a minimum 45-minute break after an all-out of 4.5 hours behind the wheel. You can refuel for the remainder of the journey during this period.
- As a result, when utilizing frequently on routes that can be planning. Given the suitable distances and load options, the eActros LongHaul is the best solution for transportation businesses.