Tesla Battery Cost
Tesla Battery Cost: Arguably, the tesla battery cost of an electric vehicle is an essential component of this type of vehicle.
They are in charge of supplying energy to the motor that drives them. With Tesla cars, it is no different.
In that sense, the cost of replacing a Tesla car battery is, for many people, a significant concern that they need to clarify. Whether your vehicle demands it or you want to take that factor into account, here we will help you to know the cost of replacing a Tesla car battery.
Tesla vehicle Batteries
- As we mentioned initially, and as is well known to all, batteries are an essential aspect, perhaps the most significant, in electric vehicles. The vehicle’s propulsion ultimately depends on them since they provide the “fuel” they need for electricity.
- In this sense, Tesla car batteries are one of the best battery systems currently available. Tesla was always clear that full transportation electrification would only be possible when battery systems provide vehicles with better performance.
- That is why it has always kept innovating in researching and developing better systems for its batteries. To the point that today, Tesla is one of the manufacturers that provides the highest quality to its users concerning their car batteries, and Tesla batteries are some of the best in the world.
- However, as with all batteries, batteries in Tesla cars can lose their charge storage capacity over time. And all-electric car vehicle batteries have a limited useful life. Although some more than others.
The battery life of Tesla cars
- Tesla cars are among the vehicles whose battery pack offers the longest useful life.
- According to the firm, the battery pack in its vehicles can last between 300,000 and 500,000 miles. It can be equivalent to 1500 complete charge-discharge cycles.
- The warranty that Tesla offers for its electric car batteries is 8 years. Although in some versions or models, it is 8 years or a stipulated number of miles. What happens first?
- The miles covered by the battery warranty on some versions or models range from 140,000 to 240,000.
How much does swapping a Tesla vehicle battery cost?
- Considering the battery life of these vehicles and the extended warranty the firm offers, the cost of replacing a Tesla car battery should not be a factor causing concern for owners.
- If the battery’s replacement must be done before 8 years or the number of miles stipulated that the warranty covers, this replacement would have no cost to the owner. Everything would be at the manufacturer’s expense and the warranty it offers.
- It should be noted that the warranty can cover the replacement of the battery only if it presents a fault or malfunction. The replacement does not apply in normal deterioration in battery charge retention, which is approximately 5% in the first 50,000 miles.
- This deterioration is typical for all types of lithium-ion batteries. Usage corresponds, over time, to a loss in maximum energy storage capacity. This power reduction may be invisible to some users. While for others, it can be a pain.
If you want to replace it on your own, how much would it cost?
- If that practically insignificant deterioration in charge retention that the battery may present is a nuisance, or if you want to maintain your battery’s charge retention capacity always at the maximum, that expense will be your responsibility.
- In that sense, the cost of replacing a Tesla car battery can vary depending on the model, version, and vehicle year. However, it ranges from $ 3,000 to $ 7,000.
- What may seem like a reasonably high cost could be much higher in most other electric cars, but not with Tesla vehicles.
- That’s because Tesla car battery technology is designed so that only the battery modules have to be replaced and not the entire pack in case of replacement, which would undoubtedly represent a much higher cost.
- Tesla seems like nothing is missing and strives to provide its customers with solutions even before problems arise. A clear example is the one that we mentioned regarding its batteries.
- Only the battery modules are replaced, not the complete pack, and lower costs optimize and reveal these vehicles’ efficiency and quality.
- As we can see. Replacing a Tesla car battery is not something any owner should sleep on. It is due to the manufacturer’s extensive warranty and the extended longevity offered by the storms.
- However, if you want to change it, the efficiency of Tesla technologies means that owners do not have to spend more money than essential.
- It is replacing the vehicle’s essential component at a cost that represents only a segment of what it would cost to substitute the battery of other electric cars.
Also Read: Why is it fun to drive Ev’s?