Best Electric Off-Road Vehicles
Best Electric Off-Road Vehicles: The important thing is that they all feature four-wheel drive, an electric powertrain, and an internal combustion engine in place of an internal combustion engine.
You will therefore have all the horsepower you anticipate from an off-road vehicle without any pollutants.
All these cars have a range of 250 miles or more, so you can travel for several hours without needing to recharge. However, if relying on charging stations gives you anxiety, you might want to consider one of these hybrid or plug-in hybrid cars instead.
- Rivian gained notoriety as the up-and-coming startup that made more seasoned competitors like Tesla take notice. With eight driving modes, an 11,000-pound towing capability, and a range of 260 to 400 miles, the R1T doesn’t let you down.
- An electric pickup truck with off-road capabilities is the Ford F-150 Lightning. The starting price of $39,974 is significantly less high than the Rivian R1T.
- However, you’ll get much value for your money with a towing capability of 10,000 pounds and a maximum payload of 2,000 pounds.
- The battery pack offers an impressive 320 miles of range, and the dual-motor powertrain can provide up to 774 lb.-ft of immediate torque.
- The F-150 Lightning also has 11 outlets that can generate up to 9.6 kW of power, making it excellent for setting up an office or camping. Even at home, it can act as a backup power supply.
- Ford’s off-road-oriented Bronco is also anticipated to come in an electric form, though pricing and other specifics haven’t been made public yet.
Ford F-150 Lightning
- Rivian refers to it as an “electric adventure vehicle,” but it’s safe to say that it’s just a pickup truck that is off-road-capable.
- The Rivian R1T costs $67,500, but it has 14.9 inches of ground clearance and can cross three feet of water. Six USB ports,
- Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, are among the inside conveniences that will keep you connected and comfortable throughout lengthy rides.
- Rivian provides warranties for its battery packs, drivetrains, and limited corrosion that cover unlimited kilometers for eight years or 175,000 miles, respectively.
- The Rivian R1S is a 7-seater SUV with identical performance specs that starts at $72,500 if you need space for the whole family.
GMC Hummer EV
- Off-road aficionados frequently choose Hummers, and now that the GMC Hummer EV has been released and is available as an electric pickup truck or SUV, you’ll have even more choices.
- The fantastic features of this electric off-road vehicle include 18 cameras for obstacle detection and a diagonal drive mode called CrabWalk that enables you to maneuver around obstacles like boulders or uneven terrain when multi-point turns aren’t possible.
- With a price tag of $108,700, the Hummer EV is undoubtedly an investment. However, with a range of 329 miles and a maximum ground clearance of 15.9 inches (in Extract Mode), it can get you into and out of some of the most difficult-to-access places.
- Other features include a power swing gate for simple loading and unloading, an infinity roof with modular sky panels, and a power trunk that provides additional storage space where the internal combustion engine would typically be.