blink 20m series 6m lightspeedmillertechcrunch: Blink revealed $26 million in investment. This translates to a $20 million Series A and the remaining $6 being a previous seed and pre-seed funding. Entrée Capital, Hetz Ventures, and a large number of individual investors from the tech sector all contributed to the fundraising. It was organized by Lightspeed Venture Partners.
Who is Blink?
Blink is a platform for security automation that offers a complete answer for residential and commercial protection. The platform offers a variety of tools as well as services. They aim to improve the safety and also security of residences and commercial buildings. Blink, an Amazon subsidiary, was established in 2014 by a group of security and automation specialists.
A variety of gadgets, including indoor and outdoor cameras, door and window sensors, and motion detectors, are part of the Blink security automation platform. The Blink app can be simply connected to these devices. This enables customers to watch and manage their security system from a distance. Additionally, the program offers in-app notifications and alerts in the event of security breaches or other suspicious behavior. blink 20m series 6m lightspeedmillertechcrunch
Benefits of Blink
- The Blink platform’s connection with Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant is one of its primary advantages. By saying things like “Alexa, arm my security system” or “Alexa, show me my front door camera,” users can handle their security system using voice commands. Users may view live feeds from their cameras on an Echo Show or Fire TV thanks to the connection with Alexa.
- The price of the Blink platform is another noteworthy aspect. The affordable prices of the products make them available to a variety of customers. Also, several subscription plans are available through the platform, which gives extra services like cloud storage for video recordings and extended warranty coverage.
- The Blink platform is made to be simple to install and use. There is no need for intricate wiring or electrical work because the devices are wireless and battery-powered. The setup and configuration of the devices may be done in a matter of minutes thanks to the Blink app’s step-by-step instructions.
What is Cloud Operation Management?
The process of overseeing and improving a company’s cloud operations is referred to as cloud operation management. This includes overseeing the cloud environment’s cost-effectiveness and scalability. blink 20m series 6m lightspeedmillertechcrunch It also includes maintaining the cloud infrastructure and tracking and analyzing system performance.
It also helps with discovering and addressing problems. To ensure the cloud environment satisfies the needs and goals of the company, cloud operation management also entails putting best practices for security. It also includes compliance and governance in practice.
Security Automation Platform Blink Raises $26M for Low-code Cloud Operation Management:
- The co-founders of Blink have worked in security and automation for a while. They noticed that when it comes to managing cloud infrastructure, developer operations, and security operations have a lot in common.
- The creators initially thought this was solely a DevOps issue. However, as they conducted research with prospective clients for their budding startup, security management kept popping up. They recognized this was two aspects of the same issue.
- Gil Barak, co-founder, and CEO of Blink, said “We realized that the majority of the DevOps teams, the infrastructure teams, and the developers were telling us that they were spending 30 to 50% of their time performing security-related tasks.
- According to him, IT and security teams used to operate in separate silos and frequently had disagreements when demands weren’t met, but as businesses have progressively shifted to the cloud, the teams have become more unified.
- “Talking to CISOs and DevOps, you’ll find that they collaborate in the new world of CloudOps. They support one another. The dynamic is entirely different,” Barak remarked.
- With Blink’s approach, you can create playbooks without writing code to automate various tasks, such as deploying an Amazon S3 bucket or responding to a security attack.
- At the end of the day, we offer a workflow platform that enables you to build internal tools for operating in the cloud and automate workflows, he said.
It involves more than just ensuring that it is operational. We discovered that it’s effectively the same solution, with the same people handling numerous use cases, and that it’s also important to ensure security and cost-effectiveness.
How Will Blink Use the Funding?
- After the company’s launch the previous year, a significant portion of the year was spent developing and perfecting the product with design partners. In reality, they made significant changes from the initial plan.
- After hearing input from prospective clients, they changed their strategy and used no-code to solve the issue. Although the product is not yet in GA, he anticipates that it will be in the second half of the year.
- “Blink will use this additional funding to build our product and technical teams, introduce a new online network for DevOps experts, and keep adding new integrations,” Barak added.
- Blink presently employs 30 people in Israel, the United States, and Europe. We actively seek candidates for positions in engineering and customer success. This also includes developer relations, sales, and marketing as we plan to more than quadruple our staff in 2022.
Who are Lightspeed Ventures?
Leading venture capital company Lightspeed Ventures focuses on making investments in startup technology firms. Barry Eggers, Chris Schaepe, and Ravi Mhatre formed the company in 2000. It has its main office in Menlo Park, California, as well as offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Delhi, and Israel.
In the technology sector, Lightspeed Ventures has a proven track record of success, and its portfolio includes some of the most creative and prosperous businesses in recent memory. Among many other companies, some of its most notable investments include Snapchat, AppDynamics, Nest, GrubHub, Affirm, and Stitch Fix.